February is American Heart Health Month 2019. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the U.S. Fortunately, heart disease can often be prevented by making healthy choices and managing your health conditions. Therefore, we will discuss how you can make a difference this month.
American Heart Health Month: How You Can Make a Difference
This month is a great time to raise awareness about heart disease and how people can prevent it — both at home and in the community.
The following a just a few ways you can help make a difference this American Heart Health Month:
- Encourage families to make small changes, such as using spices to season their food instead of salt.
- Motivate teachers and administrators to make physical activity a part of the school day. This can help students start good habits early.
- Ask doctors and nurses to be leaders in the community by speaking out about ways to prevent heart disease.
How to Spread the Word
Spreading the word is another create way to make a difference. The following are just a few ideas to help you take action this month:
- Tweet about American Heart Month
- Host a community event where families can be active while learning about local health resources
- Join the American Heart Association’s national movement to support healthier communities and healthier lives.
- Learn what you can do keep your heart healthy
These are just a few ways you can help spread the word and make a difference this American Heart Healthy Month. For more information on how to improve your heart health during Heart Health Month 2019, contact us here at Brashear Family Medical with the link below!